COVID-19: Please be aware that it may take organisations a little longer than usual to respond to you at this busy time.
SIMPLY CONNECT PRIVACY NOTICE
Volunteers Privacy Notice
Who we are
Simply Connect Solutions Ltd ("we/"us"/"our") is incorporated with company number 11321193 and our registered address is Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX.
We own and manage the Simply Connect database and run this volunteering platform, and host your data further to the use of these services by you and by the Volunteer Centres.
Your personal data will be given to us via this Site either because you have been in to a Volunteer Centre and they have put your data onto this Site or you have been introduced to this Site via a Volunteer Centre's website.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we process your personal data please contact either the Volunteer Centre (as set out below) or us at If you have any queries about how this Site is operated please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. .
How we process your personal data
We will process your personal data in order to provide the service(s) you have requested from us, as further described below in the section "The Service We Provide". We may from time to time also contact you directly to inform you of changes in the service we are providing to you, notify you of new features or new services on the basis of our legitimate interest.
What type of data do we collect?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data. We will process your personal data in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the “GDPR”) ("Legislation").
When you register to use our service we will collect your:
- date of birth
We may also ask for the following information, which you may choose not to disclose:
- employment status
- how you heard about us
- skills, interests and activities
- date of birth
How do we use this personal information?
· to set up and administer your volunteer account in the Simply Connect volunteering platform;
· generate communications and matching volunteering roles appropriate to your experience and interests;
· share your personal information with voluntary organisations as directed by you;
· customise and improve the service we provide;
· moderate use of the Site;
· contact you with information about volunteering programs and events;
· to send you communications from the volunteer centre or about the Simply Connect service.
· We will include you in the volunteer bank of the Simply Connect volunteering platform and you will be directly contactable by voluntary organisations.
The service we provide
When you ‘register your interest’ in a role we will forward the following details on to the relevant organisation who is advertising the role you have expressed an interest in.
- first half of your postcode
- skills, interests and activities
- personal profile
It is only after you have selected the option to 'confirm interest in a role', that the organisation will have access to your email address.
We then hold your data on the Simply Connect volunteering platform until you deactivate your account, to allow you to apply for another opportunity without having to complete a new registration form. You can ask us to remove your data from our system at any time by contacting us.
Why we ask for your Date of Birth
· Not all volunteering opportunities are open to all age groups (e.g. some are specifically for young people or older people and many organisations cannot involve volunteers under the age of 16 etc) so it helps our partners place volunteers in appropriate opportunities;
· The Volunteer Centre needs to monitor use of its services to ensure that they are involving all sections of their community in order to demonstrate this to funders.
Age discrimination laws do not currently apply to volunteering opportunities.
Volunteer Centre ceases to provide the volunteering service
If the Volunteer Centre ceases to trade we have the right to contact you to ask if you would like to continue to use our service.
Your Personal Data Rights
Please contact us to exercise your rights in relation to personal data laws. Our contact details are set out below.
1. Right of Access
Access to your personal data. Please see the section 'Subject Access Request' below.
2. Right to Erasure
The right to have all our records which contain references to your personal data deleted.
3. Right to Data Portability
On request we will provide your personal data to you, in a CSV format.
4. Right to be Informed
How your data is processed is explained in this Privacy Notice.
5. Right to Rectification
To have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
6. Right to Restrict Processing
To limit the ways in which we use your data.
7. Right to Object
You have the right to object to processing which is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling).
8. Rights related to Automated Profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing.
Volunteer Centre’s Contact Details
Crawley Community Action
1-2 Gleneagles Court
Crawley RH10 6AD
If you have any queries regarding your account or if you wish to make a complaint about the service we provide please contact email@example.com Every effort will be made to resolve your issue.
If you have concerns about how your data is being handled you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office contact details at or call the helpline on 0303 123 1113.
© 2020 - Simply Connect Solutions