Team Co-ordinator Project Leader
Food Cycle managed by Oasis Ashburton Park Community Hub
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
A FoodCycle project is where the magic happens: we collect food from supermarkets, bring it to a venue and cook it into a three-course meal for our guests. The project is run on the ground by a team called Project Leaders. These people are passionate, committed people who want to make a positive change within their community. There will be a team of 8-10 Project Leaders who take on a specific area such as managing volunteers, promoting the project locally or running fundraising events.
This is a variable role. The volunteer must be available for on average 6 hours a month. This is broken down into:
- Attending a monthly Project Leader meeting to discuss as a team how things are going.
- Leading 1 cooking/hosting session per month.
As Team Co-ordinator, you’ll support the Project Co-ordinator with Project Leader recruitment, organise team meetings and liaise with your community partners.
Skills you’ll learn:
• Recruitment of volunteers: you’ll support the Project Co-ordinator to recruit Project Leaders.
• Relationship management: you’ll liaise with your community partners and work hard to maintain good communication channels and a strong working relationship.
• Communication: you’ll be the Project Leader team’s main point of contact with Food Cycle Central and the Project Co-ordinator.
• Leadership and delegation: we’ll train you up to lead hosting sessions and induct new volunteers into the project.
• Relationship building: you’ll be building lasting relationships with your volunteers and guests, ensuring they come back each week.
• Social media: you’ll utilise social media channels to promote your project and events.
• Fundraising: you and your team will be responsible for raising vital funds to support your project.
• Running effective meetings: you meet with your Project Leader team once a month to discuss the running of your project.
Please register an interest and we will get back to you with further details
Admin,Evaluating & Reviewing,IT Skills - Good,Leadership Skills,Negotiating,Organising & Planning
• Excellent communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Knowledge of social media
• Friendly, outgoing manner
• Team player
• Interested in Food Surplus and community
• Strong organisation skills
• Experience of coordinating and organising people
• On going support and advice from your Project Co-ordinator
• A two-day training conference to equip you for your role. Travel, accommodation and food cost covered by Food Cycle.
• Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
• Level 2 Food Safety Hygiene Certificate provided by FoodCycle that lasts 3 years.
• The opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people.
• A fun, creative volunteer experience with ownership over a community-led project.
Administration,Community work,Fundraising,Volunteer management
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
People with a visual impairment, people with restricted mobility, from your office, over 18s, Ex-offenders, Refugee and Asylum seekers, people seeking work, from Home, Long-term commitment