Multiple Sclerosis Society -South West Dorset Group
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Communications Volunteers support the delivery of services and activities for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS) as part of an MS Society group, alongside dynamic local network organisers, inspiring fundraisers and knowledgeable support volunteers.
Our local MS Society Group is passionate about supporting people affected by MS in the local community. The team offers support and information to all those affected by MS, their families and carers along with arranging regular meetings and social events for the whole family.
As the Group's Communication Volunteer and depending on needs, your role would most likely include some or all of the following;
- Maintaining website pages
- Managing and moderating social media accounts such as Facebook
- Supporting others to contribute copy for communications and within
the Society's data protection requirements
- Distribute our quarterly newsletters to our members & supporters via email
- Using our Group email address in responding to enquiries.
Our Group covers the South West Dorset area which includes post codes DT1 to DT8, however you do not have to reside in our area to take up the role.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Good IT Skills,Language Skills,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing
What you need for this role
- Comfortable using the internet and email
- Able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Able to apply disability, equality and inclusion practices
- Able to keep people’s personal data safe
- Committed to our values
- Good research skills and able to motivate and support contributions
- Enjoy writing and happy to follow our brand guidelines and tone of
- Know the local area and happy to build relationships with new and
existing external organisations
- Willing to develop skills and experience
- Willing to learn bespoke online IT systems
- Able to promote our work publicly
- Keen to articulate our core messages
Have the knowledge & pride that you are making a difference for all people affected by MS in the local area, and keeping a vital group running.
Advice, Information & Support,Community Work,IT, Technology & Websites,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: