Health and Safety Volunteer
Multiple Sclerosis Society -South West Dorset Group
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The MS Society (Multiple Sclerosis) take the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers, and people who use our services very seriously. The Health and Safety Volunteer plays a vital role in ensuring the MS Society group activities & events are safe and accessible to everyone.
This role may vary depending on needs, but is likely to include:
- Ensuring that everyone in the group is aware of health and safety responsibilities
- Accurately following and implementing the MS Society’s risk management procedures for activities and services provided by the group
- Ensuring that the group meets and reports on our health and safety requirements, undertaking audits and reviews as required
- Supporting the group's shared responsibility for delivering services and activities that are safe, effective and impactful
Our Group covers the South West Dorset area which includes post codes DT1 to DT8, however you do not have to reside in our area to take up the role.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Good IT Skills,Language Skills,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing
- Comfortable using the internet and email
- Happy learning and implementing a bespoke risk management system
- Able to understand and follow external and internal policies and procedures
- Able to apply disability, equality and inclusion practices
- Able to keep people’s personal details safe
- Committed to the MS Society values
- Willing to develop skills and experience
- Enjoys being part of a team
Have the knowledge & pride that you are making a difference for all people affected by MS in the local area, and keeping a vital group running.
Administration,Advice, Information & Support,Volunteer Management,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: