Livability Marion House, in Bournemouth, Dorset, is a residential care home for eight adults with intellectual disabilities. Our residents are looking for drivers to transport our wonderful residents, carers and staff members around the community using one of the service’s own fleet vehicles.
As a driver, your responsibilities will include:
• Transport the passengers safely and efficiently between the two designated locations.
• Assist passengers in and out of the premises and vehicles with appropriate support and guidance from staff.
• Assist passengers with pieces of equipment, wheelchairs and belongings, ensuring safety and security at all times.
• Drive in a safe manner within legal speed limits with due regards to emotional needs of passengers.
• Treat all passengers with courtesy and respect.
• Report any problems or concerns to a member of staff in a timely manner.
• It is advantageous to Livability to have advanced notice of driver availability, so that appointments, activities and outings can be planned. As such, the ability to provide the staff with details of availability for 3 weeks in advance is helpful.
• Inform staff as quickly as possible if you are not able to attend a driving appointment so that it can be rearranged with minimal disruption to passengers.