Purbeck Citizens Advice
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
You will be welcoming clients coming to the bureau and answering the phones, providing information and working closely with the Advice Session Supervisor.
Volunteering times are 9.30am to 2.30pm on either Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays in Wareham.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Welcome clients coming into the bureau reception area.
• Explain waiting times and procedures to clients.
• Provide information about the CAB and other advice services to clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
• Answer the telephone and refer calls or take messages.
• Provide a service that is based on sensitivity and respect for clients.
• Maintain confidentiality about clients and their contact with the bureau.
• Consult the Advice Session Supervisor appropriately.
• Work within agreed bureau systems and procedures.
• Process client information collected at the reception helpdesk.
• Create, maintain and archive paper and electronic filing systems in accordance with the bureau's systems and procedures.
• Maintain stocks of leaflets and posters.
• Use IT for record keeping.
We are at the West Street end of Mill Lane. From West Street, turn up Mill Lane (by the pet shop) and you will see our sign on the right. Entrance to the side of the building.
Please call or email to find out more.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Good IT Skills,Managing People,Reading & Writing
We are looking for someone who is approachable and non-judgemental, who is able to deal calmly with clients who may at times be distressed.
Personal skills and qualities:
• Friendliness and approachability.
• Commitment to the Aims and Principles of the CAB service including the service's equality and diversity policies.
• An understanding of discrimination or the willingness to learn about it.
• Excellent verbal communication skills including telephone skills.
• Ability to cope under pressure.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Ability to access relevant signposting information including electronic and written materials.
• Ability to implement administrative policies and procedures in a busy work environment.
• Good IT skills, including Word, email and internet.
• Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team.
• Awareness of the potential needs of, and demands placed on, vulnerable clients.
Be part of a friendly office of staff and volunteers, join the team! Learn new things and help to make a difference to peoples' lives.
Administration,Advice, Information & Support,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: