Volunteer Cooking Buddy - Weymouth
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Do you like cooking?
Would you like to volunteer some time to help a gentleman we support to develop his skills in the kitchen?
Activities will include:
• Getting to know your buddy and what food he enjoys
• Supporting with selecting and planning meals
• Developing prompt cards/recipe cards to help the gentleman develop more confidence and independence in the kitchen
Cleaning & Tidying,Organising & Planning,General Helping
• Interested in sharing their knowledge and skills in cooking
• Friendly, polite and enthusiastic with an upbeat personality
• Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
• Willing to commit to volunteer regularly
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
• Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Catering,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: