My Guide Partnership Support Volunteer
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
To support our ‘My Guide partnerships’ by helping us to recruit volunteers, and by working with both the individual with sight-loss and their volunteer sighted guide to plan and review the goals and activities set within their My Guide partnership. This will ensure they get the maximum benefit from the service.
• Conduct a face to face interview with new volunteer applicants within your area.
• Facilitating the beginning and end of MG partnerships through a face to face meeting with the sighted guide volunteer and customer.
• Support the My Guide partnerships, which will include regular reviews with the customer and matched volunteer, via telephone or face to face.
• Recording reviews onto Guide Dog systems, reporting/highlighting any issues, recording partnership success and achievements and changes to activity plans
• Suggesting other organisations to refer service users to when appropriate (with support from the local team)
• Regular meetings with local team (in person/conference call) to discuss partnerships within your case load.
• Attend events where required to promote the My Guide service.
• Act as an ambassador for Guide Dogs by promoting its services and demonstrating the Guide Dogs family values.
Working from home in the Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch area.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Good IT Skills,Managing People,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing,Research
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
• Able to use a telephone to undertake reviews
• Able to use a PC and Microsoft Word and Excel packages.
• Able to undertake the role safely and effectively
• Experience of sight loss would be an advantage but not necessary as training will be given
• Knowledge of safeguarding would be desirable
. Acting in a non-judgemental way, without discrimination
• Make a life changing difference to people in your community
• Opportunity to meet and interact with other Guide Dogs volunteers
• Become a valued and integral member of Guide Dogs.
An opportunity to gain experience, knowledge and skills and an opportunity to work with other organisations
Administration,Advice, Information & Support,IT, Technology & Websites,Support Work,Volunteer Management,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: