You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
As a trainer you’ll use your knowledge and experience to deliver to, and assess participants of, our training courses. You will ensure that the participants are trained to a high standard enabling them to support people with sight loss in their community appropriately, in line with policies and procedures.
• Deliver sighted guiding training to staff, volunteers and external organisations.
• Deliver the My Guide train-the-trainer program.
• Organisation of all aspects of training including; booking the venue and liaising with attendees.
• Act as an ambassador for Guide Dogs by promoting its services and demonstrating the Guide Dogs family values.
• Ensuring all training resources are well maintained and available.
Working from home in Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch area.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Evaluating & Reviewing,Managing People
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team with other volunteers and staff.
• Act in a non-judgemental way, without discrimination
• Experience of sight loss would be an advantage but not necessary as all training will be provided
• Experience of delivering training sessions would be an advantage
• Increasing the independence, dignity and wellbeing of people living with sight loss through the delivery of My Guide training.
• An opportunity to build experience and knowledge of delivering sight loss awareness training and developing your existing skills.
• Become a valued and integral part of the Guide Dogs team.
• Discover a gateway to opportunities such as employment, training or education.
. The chance to support the learning of others and the local community to support others
Administration,Advice, Information & Support,Teaching & Training
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: