Driver / Befrienders
Leonard Cheshire (Dorchester)
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Our residents are looking for drivers to befriend and regularly transport our wonderful residents, carers and staff members around the local community .
If you are a friendly, kind hearted person with a sense of fun and like the idea of helping on a regular basis then contact us for further details.
As a befriender/driver, your responsibilities will include:
• Transport the passengers safely and efficiently between the two designated locations.
• Assist passengers in and out of the premises and vehicles with appropriate support and guidance from staff.
• Assist passengers with pieces of equipment, wheelchairs and belongings, ensuring safety and security at all times.
• Drive in a safe manner within legal speed limits with due regards to emotional needs of passengers.
• Treat all passengers with courtesy and respect.
• Report any problems or concerns to a member of staff in a timely manner.
• Inform staff as quickly as possible if you are not able to attend a driving appointment so that it can be rearranged with minimal disruption to passengers.
Redwood House Business, Redwood house, Charlton Down, Dorchester, DT2 9RL
Befriending is needed for the local area we have Homes for our residents in Dorchester, Weymouth.
charlton down other roles are within Dorchester, Weymouth.
UK Driving Licence,General Helping
Relevant to work if possible.
Regular supervision from our Volunteers Co-ordinator
Optional additional training
Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Caring,Driving (must have full driving license),Support Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: