Emerging Communities Outreach Volunteer
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The main motive of this opening is to ensure that members of emerging communities have access to information about healthcare services available to them, and that no individual is deprived of Health and Social care services due to lack of knowledge about services or issues with communication in English.
This would be a great opportunity for willing volunteers from emerging communities to become more actively and directly involved in health and social care projects through Healthwatch.
• Get involved with community outreach programmes by Healthwatch Hounslow, specifically targeting emerging communities in Hounslow.
• Provide advice to the Healthwatch Hounslow staff on strategic influencing opportunities to raise the profile of Healthwatch Hounslow to members of emerging communities.
• Engage in research projects led by Healthwatch Hounslow, aimed at enabling access and providing awareness of healthcare services to emerging communities.
• Get involved in decision making about raising standards of Health & Social care service provision.
Underground Station: Hounslow Central (Picadilly Line)
Basic IT skills - internet & email,Evaluating & Reviewing,Language Skills,Managing People,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing
• Ability to communicate fluently in native language and English.
• Preferably belong to an emerging community in Hounslow (Afghan, Nepalese, Algerian, Burmese, Sri Lankan, Romanian & Bulgarian communities).
• Strong desire to raise awareness about healthcare services.
• Strong communication skills.
• Commitment to personal progression and openness to diversity.
• CV building opportunities in Health & Social care sector.
• Developing new skills.
18+,17 and under
Advice, Information & Support,Community Work,IT, Technology & Websites,Languages & Translation,Marketing, PR & Media,Teaching & Training,Youth Work,Campaigning & Lobbying,Volunteer Management
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: