Office Admin Volunteer
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
FareShare London redistributes surplus food to charities and community groups across the capital, who turn it into meals for vulnerable people. We operate a warehouse in Deptford, South East London, where we sort and store surplus food and then deliver it on our vans to our member charities and community groups across London.
This role is an important cog in the work of FareShare. You will help us to ensure the smooth operation of the charity behind the scenes. If you’re organised, reliable and want to gain experience in an office environment, this role would be perfect for you.
What will I be doing?
• Answering and re-directing phone calls and greeting visitors at the door
• Updating the volunteer rota and helping to manage volunteer lockers
• Helping to turn the office paperless by scanning, shredding and archiving documents
• Contacting our partner charities & community groups to check and confirm contact details
• Supporting day to day operation by maintaining paperwork for daily van deliveries
• Using google maps to map van routes
• Helping to record satisfaction levels among our partner charities and local communities by gathering and recording feedback
Where? FareShare London 7, Deptford Trading Estate, Blackhorse Rd, London SE8
When? Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
How often? Ideally one day per week for a minimum commitment of 3 months
Unit 7, Deptford Trading Estate
Nearest National Rail Station: Deptford or New Cross
Nearest Overground Station: Surrey Quays
Nearest Underground Station: Canada Water
Bus routes: 47, 188 - Deptford Fire Station Stop.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Organising & Planning
We need you to be:
• Organised, reliable and punctual
• Confident on the phone with a polite, clear and friendly phone manner
• Able and confident to work with computer systems
• Able to work well in a team, on your own and under pressure
• Able to follow FareShare’s policy, procedures and systems
• Interested in food and committed to redistributing food waste to charities
• Flexible – there may be times when we ask you to help out in the warehouse or on other projects/tasks
What you can expect in return:
• Support and supervision from FareShare London staff
• An induction and training for the role
• Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch
• Invitations to events and offers to get involved in other areas of FareShare’s work
• A work reference for those who have satisfactorily committed to at least 3 months
Environmental,Employee & Group Volunteering,General and Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: