Female coaches and mentors
Mini Mermaid Running Club UK
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
MMRC UK was established in October 2015 and aims to enhance girls' confidence and self-belief whilst increasing physical activity levels in girls aged between 7 and 11 years. This once or twice-weekly after-school and community programme runs for six or eight weeks at a time and uses an innovative blend of journal work (through a curriculum) alongside 30 – 45 mins minutes of physical activity. Each programme involves ten girls and utilises two volunteer coaches.
You will be following a written curriculum which involves group discussion, movement and activity (walking, hopping, jumping, running, challenges, games) and self-reflection journal work. At the end of the 6/8 weeks, the girls will take part in a 5km challenge. It's not about speed or times but about how they want to feel and how they can take the steps to achieve the goals they set for themselves. No running experience is necessary.
You will be guiding the girls through a programme which focusses on building their self-confidence and self-esteem and helping them discover a love of being active and moving and how movement, no matter how ‘fast’ they are has a positive impact on their mental and physical health.
We are in the process of recruiting schools and finding new community venues. Each programme will run with 2 coaches, so you will be working as a team to deliver the programme.
All resources and equipment will be provided, along with comprehensive online training, group training, advanced DBS check and Safeguarding training.
Islington and Hackney Primary Schools and community centres, location to be confirmed. N16 8NP
Basic IT skills - internet & email,Cleaning & Tidying,Language Skills,Managing People,Organising & Planning
• Working with young people
• Interest in health and fitness a bonus but not necessary
• Good conversational skills and an ability to manage a group of children aged 7-11.
• Any experience with working with children would be beneficial but not essential.
• An interest in self development and exercise is desirable but again not essential. You do not need to be a runner!
• A fantastic project to extend your skills with working with young people.
• Great experience for anyone wishing to work in the youth sector
• The opportunity to help develop the project further around the London area
Teaching & Training,Youth Work,Sport & Coaching,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Community Work,General and Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: