Admin and Information Volunteer
Volunteer Centre Hackney
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Matching volunteers to volunteering roles is the core service of Hackney Volunteer Centre. Since 1997 we’ve helped over 10,000 people find the right volunteer role and we have worked with over 400 not-for-profit groups. We are currently looking for reliable and motivated individuals to support us in delivering our service to Volunteers.
We need volunteers to;
• Handle reception – Managing visitors on the day, taking messages and transferring phone calls; acting as the first point of contact for all VCH enquiries via phone, email, face to face; to signpost callers and visitors to the relevant project staff, and providing information about our services.
• Book/cancel/reschedule drop in appointments using MS Outlook
• Assist potential volunteers who attend our drop-in service to register onto our online database, Volunteer Connect.
• Provide information about volunteering and assist them to search suitable volunteering opportunities depending on their skills and interests
• Follow-up with clients after they have chosen opportunities to see how they are getting on and if they need any more help
• Data entry on our online database
You will be providing information and guidance to clients, but please note we do not give advice!
This role would ideally suit volunteers who enjoy working face-to-face with clients (or who have an interest and would like to try it out) and who would also like an element of office-based admin.
Unit 12-13 Springfield House
5, Tyssen Street
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Good IT Skills,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing
Good communication skills –You will be interacting with the diverse clientele (includes vulnerable clients) of VCH on phone, face to face and email
Good spoken/written English
Ability to multitask
Good listening skills and willingness to want to work with people
Good IT skills – Confident using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or able to send emails with attachments. Ability to learn and use database (training provided)
Ability to remain calm under pressure
An ability to work as part of a team
Reliability, Patience and flexibility
An ability to use own initiative
Ability to speak a community language will be an advantage but not essential.
An understanding of confidentiality and a commitment to equal opportunities policy.
A minimum commitment of 1 day per week or up-to 6 hours per day for 3 months is required.
Experience of working in a busy environment.
Experience of interacting with a wide range of people in the community
Training in a bespoke CRM database to further your IT skills
Opportunity to participate in other training provided by VCH
18 and over,17 and under
Volunteer Management,Administration,Advice, Information & Support,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: