Male coaches and mentors
Mini Mermaid Running Club UK
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Young Tritons (part of Mini Mermaid Running Club) is a running and self development programme, which is encouraging primary school boys to redefine the pre conceived idea of what 'strength' is.
During the course the boys will learn about compassion, empathy, that it is ok to talk and discuss openly their feelings and helping each other. During this time they will also train for a 5km challenge where the emphasis is on them completing it as a team, using all the skills that they have learned throughout the programme.
We are looking for male coaches/mentors to help deliver this new and innovative programme. It would be once or twice a week for 6-8 weeks.
The 5km challenge will take place on the school campus or at parkrun on a Saturday morning once the programme has been completed.
No running/ previous teaching experience is necessary, you will be provided with training - group and online, full Safeguarding and DBS check and continued support. Please get in touch if you are interested.
We are in the process of recruiting schools and will match volunteers with their closest school or community centre. Each programme will run with 2 coaches, so you will be working as a team to deliver the programme.
Any primary school or community centre in Islington and Hackney
Managing People,Organising & Planning
• Working with young people
• Interest in health and fitness a bonus but not necessary
• Good conversational skills and an ability to manage a group of children aged 7-11.
• Any experience with working with children would be beneficial but not essential.
• An interest in self development and exercise is desirable but again not essential.
• A fantastic project to extend your skills with working with young people.
• Great experience for anyone wishing to work in the youth sector
• The opportunity to help develop the project further around the London area
Teaching & Training,Youth Work,Sport & Coaching,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Community Work,General and Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: