Camp Activity Leader
Over The Wall
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Activity Leaders design and deliver activities in certain areas including Drama, Sports and Games, Discovery, Arts and Crafts or Music. The activity sessions are designed to create safe environments for the Campers to achieve their goals and reflect on their accomplishments. You will receive ongoing support from the Programme Coordinator and Over The Wall staff.
On average there are 4 sessions to design and to deliver. Each session will need to be tailored to both the age group of the Campers (who are divided into groups of 8-10, 11-13, 13-15 and 15-17) and the varying Camper ability.
All of our activities are designed within our model of Therapeutic Recreation (see our website for more information) and to be adaptable to all levels of ability and accessibility.
Activity Leaders also help to design, prepare and deliver our Evening Programme. Our Evening Programme could be anything - from a Disco and Talent Show, to bespoke activities such as a Camp Festival, a Whale Hunt or Game Show evening.
Activity Leaders will also be allocated a team at camp. Like our Team Mate volunteers, Activity Leaders support, guide, inspire and encourage our Campers to maximise their potential.
One of the amazing aspects of being an Activity Leader is that you get to meet all of the Campers throughout the week, so even though you may spend less time with your allocated team, you build special relationships with Campers across the age groups.
We are looking for Activity Leaders who:
● Can effectively design and facilitate activity sessions to Campers (with ongoing support)
● Have the ability to form positive, supportive relationships with our Campers
● Are energetic and enthusiastic in their approach to Camp and all Camp activities
● Possess excellent communications skills
● Can work effectively as part of a team
● Will be non-judgemental in your approach to camp
● Have a clear understanding of appropriate boundaries when working with Campers
● Be reliable, punctual and dependable
● Have a sense of fun!
Our camps are held at high quality locations in Scotland, the Midlands and the South of England.
Various locations across UK
Art & Craft,Creative & Design,Organising & Planning,Photography,Reading & Writing
We would love you to volunteer if you are enthusiastic, caring, and up for a life changing experience. Over The Wall camps benefit not only the campers but the volunteers.
"To me Over The Wall is an amazing experience, it is overpowering because you are actually giving something back. You are making a positive difference to somebody which makes you appreciate life." James, an OTW volunteer.
● You’ll participate in a unique and unforgettable experience.
● You’ll work for a brilliant cause with a reputable national organisation
● You’ll meet fantastic new people and make friends
● You’ll develop and strengthen your:
- Team Working Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Confidence & Leadership
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Entertainment,Music,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Caring,General and Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: