Parent & Toddler Balance Bike Session Volunteer
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are looking for volunteers to help out at our parent & toddler cycling sessions.
Wheely Tots helps children and their families become more healthy, confident and resilient by offering unique family cycling activities and experiences.
Our unique parent & toddler balance bike sessions are a great example of our open, friendly and inclusive approach helping families, adults & children cycle more regularly. We focus on toddlers and their parents by offering balance bike sessions which involve chalking, singing, playing I spy and generally interacting with the local flora, fauna and some spectacular urban views.
Redmond Community Centre, Kayani Avenue N4 2HF
Finsbury Park, N4
Lordship Recreation Ground, N17
Our sessions are held at Woodberry Down, Finsbury Park and Lordship Recreation Ground. Exact location details will be shared when volunteers confirm attendance.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch
Organising & Planning
We are looking for volunteers who are:
– Well organised, reliable and motivated
– Confident at speaking with new people
– Ideally living close to Manor House, Woodberry Down, Finsbury Park or Lordship Rec
– Already Enhanced DBS checked or willing to complete an Enhanced DBS check
The role would be suitable to a wide range of people and from previous experience we’ve welcomed those;
- new to cycling
- with management experience looking to learn skills in the cycling industry either as a hobby or to explore new career opportunities
- retired and wanting to spend time with parents & their toddlers
- wanting to learn a new skill ranging from improving English to learning more about bike maintenance or anything cycling related
- keen to apply previous experience working with children indoors to outdoors
By volunteering with us you will be using your skills (and maybe learning some new ones) to help a small local charity reach more families and help them to enjoy being outdoors.
Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,General and Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: