Organisation Support Volunteer
Volunteer Centre Hackney
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
VCH is looking for a team of volunteers to help ensure that our volunteer opportunity database is up-to-date, and that local charities and volunteer-involving organisations are getting the support they need.
Tasks will include:
- Contacting organisations to check contact details and current opportunities available - by e-mail and by phone
- Replying to email and phone enquiries from organisations wishing to register roles
- Updating and adding new volunteer roles to the system and emailing copies to the organisation as required
- Contacting organisations with our bi-annual service survey
- Sending monthly welcome emails to newly registered organisations to let them know about VCH's services
- Promoting our new website to our current clients
- Other admin tasks to support our work with organisations and volunteers
Depending on the volunteer's interests there may also be the opportunity to help collate information for the organisation newsletter, or to get involved in aspects of preparing for / planning organisation training.
This is a great opportunity to use existing administration skills, and to become familiar with the wide range of charities and voluntary organisations that work within Hackney.
Unit 12-13 Springfield House, Tyssen Street, Hackney, E8 2LY
Dalston Junction overground station
Please contact Amalia for an informal chat about the role.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Good IT Skills,Organising & Planning
- Persistent and patient, some groups may be hard to contact or will not get back to you straightaway
- Good telephone manner
- Confident working alone, or with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable using Outlook and willing to learn about databases
- Accurate in entering data
- An understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection (GDPR), or be willing to undergo training in this area.
Some experience in using CRM systems would also be helpful but is not essential. An understanding of the voluntary sector will be useful, but this will be developed as you learn the role.
- Get to know more about the vibrant voluntary and charity sector in Hackney
- Help support many local organisations to recruit new volunteers, enabling organisations to deliver their services
- Learn about different types of databases and gain experience in using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Gain a wide range of useful, transferable administration skills
- Build confidence in dealing with a wide range of people
17 and under,18 and over
Administration,Advice, Information & Support,IT, Technology & Websites
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: