Help Change a Little Londoners Life! (Volunteer Mentors - Hackney)
The Kids Network
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The Kids Network is looking for fun, committed and passionate volunteers to make a meaningful impact to the life of little Londoners in Hackney!
Our flexible year-long mentoring programme supports children aged 8-11 with their social and emotional development during the transitional period between primary and secondary.
As a mentor, you will:
- Facilitate weekly 1:1 sessions of 1-3 hours.
- Build confidence and resilience in your matched child to manage feelings through a series of fun and positive experiences and activities.
- Connect with a community of mentors through peer to peer support.
- Attend large scale community events with your mentee.
- Receive ongoing personal support from The Kids Network Team
The role will require a free enhanced DBS check and volunteers can claim up to £30 per month for expenses.
- Passionate about young people.
- Available to volunteer once a week (Saturday or Sunday) for 1 - 3 hours.
- Attend our training days.
Borough of Hackney
Locations across the Borough of Hackney
Looking for individuals that are:
- Passionate about positively impacting a child local to you.
- An active listener that is emphathetic to others.
- Willing to explore new and fun experiences around London.
Mentors report to receive:
- A strong and meaningful connection with the local community and area.
- A reduction in community isolation and loneliness.
- A positive and meaningful relationship with a child in need.
- Higher levels of happiness and energy.
- Exposure to a large community of fellow mentors providing peer-to-peer support.
Entertainment,Youth Work,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We welcome all individuals from all walks of life.
Anyone is eligible for this opportunity, providing, they are passionate about positively impacting the life of a local little Londoner.