Retail Lead Volunteer at the St Joseph’s Hospice Shop on Mare Street
St Josephs Hospice Hackney
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The new St Joseph’s Hospice Shop on Mare Street offers our volunteers a rewarding, creative and supportive environment and the chance to develop new skills. If you are interested in fashion or charity retail, or simply want to become more involved in your local community, then we would love to welcome you as a St Joseph’s Hospice Shop Volunteer.
• Supporting the fundraising team with the opening and closing of the shop and the collection of the keys and shop takings.
• Supporting other volunteers on sorting and pricing.
• Coordinating and Supporting the Fundraising team on selecting those hidden treasures for specialist sales (such as online)
• Liaising with the rag company who collects the weekly rag bags.
• Assisting with merchandising and displays
• Dealing with any queries volunteers may have whilst volunteering.
• Supporting corporate teams on who are taking on an ‘Apprentice Style Team Challenge’ at the shop.
• Provide excellent customer service to everyone who visits the shop Interacting with the general public
• Assist with keeping the shop and sale areas tidy and clean.
Our shop will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5pm and we can offer half days as well full day volunteering slots. However if this does not fit in with your availability, please talk to us about it as we can be flexible.
St Joseph's Hospice Pop Up Shop
BUS: The following buses pass the gate (26 - 48 - 55 - 106 - 254)
TUBE: Central Line to Bethnal Green, and then by bus (106 - 254) or 15 minutes walk from the Tube Station. District Line to Whitechapel and then by bus (254 - 106) from outside the station.
RAIL: The nearest station is London Fields which provides onward connections to Liverpool Street, Walthamstow, Chingford and beyond.
Admin,Evaluating & Reviewing,Managing People
• Retail Management Experience preferable but not essential- transferrable skills are considered.
• If you take a natural pride in ‘stepping up’ then we would love to hear from you.
• Reliable and Punctual.
• Honest & Responsible.
• Flexible & Enthusiastic
• Great People skills, approachable and friendly.
• A warm welcome from St Joseph’s Staff and volunteers.
• Improve your CV
• Provide a meal at the hospice after 3 hours or more.
• Travel Expenses paid in Zones 1-6 of Transport for London
Retail & Charity Shops,Events & Stewarding,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: