Young Black Men’s (YBM) Peer Leader
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
IRIE Mind are looking for candidates to become YBM Peer Leaders for the Young Black Men’s Peer project which will involve them co-designing and delivering the program to Young Black Men in the Borough of Hackney.
We are now recruiting young black men between the ages of 16-29 with lived mental health experiences. You will use your own experiences of recovery to develop and deliver courses that enable people to develop skills and confidence to manage their own recovery journey.
Edwin Duah / Nichola Lauder
The Recovery Hub, Homerton Row
Please email or call on Monday, Thursday or Friday.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Counselling
- Lived experience of mental illness
- Aged 18-29
- Ability to communicate well with young people
- Skills to effectively facilitate monthly wellbeing workshops
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Understanding of the pressures and stresses facing young people
- Willingness to talk from your own experience in an appropriate way
- Ability to maintain appropriate and professional boundaries
- A commitment to attend training sessions
• You will develop an increased understanding of mental health learn skills to support others.
• Improved self-esteem, confidence, and increase in own ability to cope with mental health concerns.
• Being able to work as part of a team
• An addition to your CV of skills developed from training and development opportunities.
• Opportunities to help develop the project through co design and focus groups
Youth Work,Support Work,Advice, Information & Support,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: