Bookstart Project Volunteer (bag packing)
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Hackney Playbus is working to pack Bookstart Packs for families in Hackney and we need YOUR help...
During these strange times, we have all had to adapt to how we function on a day to day basis, how we work and even how we interact with one another. For families with young children, the challenge of keeping them entertained and ensuring they have the right opportunities for development is a hard one, especially with the usual delivery of Hackney Playbus on hold.
This has given us the opportunity to support our families in other ways, by creating online content (which can be found on our social media pages) and by partnering with Hackney Libraries to distribute Bookstart packs. These are a free resource provided by the BookTrust that include books suitable for children aged 0-2 years old, and children aged 2-5 years old. We are distributing these packs along with information about our current provision at Hackney Playbus during Covid-19, balloons and activity sheets.
We need your help in various ways:
- Help to sort materials and pack Bookstart Packs (at our office based in Homerton)
- Contacting families to confirm the day of delivery
- Have the packs planned and organised for the day of delivery
8-9 Kingsmead Way
What we need from you:
- Hackney Resident
- Reliability – if bags are not packed in time, we will not be able to deliver in time, and we will be letting down our families that need us.
- Flexibility - There are no max or minimum hours required as this is a role based on demand, meaning one week may be quiet, the next may be busy.
- Able to work safely – we need you to be able to follow guidelines and conduct yourself in a way to protect yourself and those around you.
- Good record keeping
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Additional language speakers would be a bonus.
- Have fun!
- Able to work at our base in Homerton
- Able to do repetitive work and be consistent
- Confidentiality and data protection
- A safe, open and inviting environment
- A team dedicated to making a difference to families in Hackney
- Clear communication and contact from a designated colleague of contact
- Excellent Covid-19 procedures for working in the office and during deliveries
- PPE provided (masks and sanitiser for use in the office and deliveries)
- Reference (provided there has been enough interaction to be able to comment)
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: