Community Table Delivery Volunteer
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Shoreditch Trust, a Hoxton-based charity, are delivering hundreds of cooked meals, with fruit and bread to Hackney people who:
• are seriously ill, recovering from a stroke or usually rely on carers family or friends because they are unable to prepare food themselves.
• cannot safely visit a food bank because of mobility problems, risks to their health or risks to someone they provide care for.
• are without friends and family to drop off shopping.
• are homeless, and living in temporary accommodation with no kitchens, or shared facilities which are unsafe for them to use.
Volunteer roles include:
• Delivering food – Fridays for 1-1.5 hours from 10.30am around Hackney
Pick up location: WaterHouse restaurant, 10 Orsman Road, Hoxton, N1 5QJ
You will be delivering food to E5, E8, E9, N16 and E1 in Hackney.
Please register your interest to apply
DBS and bike or vehicle preferred, some routes are suitable for walking
Shoreditch Trust believes that coming together to cook and share good food can be transformative. Community Table connects people to the good quality food essential for health and wellbeing, as a volunteer supporting the delivery of these essential food parcels you would be contributing to the wellbeing of our local community.
Driving (must have full driving license),Community Work,General and Helping