Shoreditch Trust, a Hoxton-based charity, are delivering hundreds of cooked meals, with fruit and bread to Hackney people who:
• are seriously ill, recovering from a stroke or usually rely on carers family or friends because they are unable to prepare food themselves.
• cannot safely visit a food bank because of mobility problems, risks to their health or risks to someone they provide care for.
• are without friends and family to drop off shopping.
• are homeless, and living in temporary accommodation with no kitchens, or shared facilities which are unsafe for them to use.
Volunteer roles include:
• Delivering food – Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays around 2 hours from 10.30am around Hackney
Summary of support since April 2020
o Number of volunteers who've given time: 74
o Rough no of hours of volunteer time: 800+
o Number of people supported: 240
o Number of meals delivered per week: 500-600 meals per week
o Number of meals delivered since we began: 7720