Home & Care Welfare Support Volunteer
Age UK East London
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Please note: volunteers will be classified as care support and must be willing to enter the homes of patients currently in Tier 4. Full PPE will be made available. You will also be required to carry out Covid-19 self-test on a weekly basis.
As a volunteer your tasks will include:
- To provide shopping services and welfare checks.
- To conduct a home check for security, living conditions and ensure there is adequate nutrition in the home.
- Deliver 10 days’ worth of Age UK East London food supply to those in need.
- All tasks to be carried out in accordance with Age UK East London’s Policies and Procedures which include: Infection Control, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Safeguarding Adults & Children etc.
- Comply with Care Quality Commission fundamental standards.
These roles take place throughout East London in Newham, Hackney and Tower Hamlets.
These roles take place throughout East London.
Please email for more information.
- Able to commit until the end of March 2021
- Patience and understanding
A full driving license and use of a car is desirable but not essential.
- Opportunity to be part of the Covid-19 response programme
- Access to in-house training
- If committed to a minimum of 6 months we are able to provide you with a reference for paid employment.
- Mileage re-imbursement at 40p per mile with valid receipts.
Support Work,Caring,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: