City and Hackney Public Health, in collaboration with Volunteer Centre Hackney, are recruiting volunteer Community Champions to support the reduction in the transmission of COVID-19 in City and Hackney, through communicating important public health messages in your local community.
We have all been impacted by COVID-19 since its outbreak and the disease has by no means been eradicated. Our return to a ‘new normal’ is very much being supported by how well we, as a general public, engage in national and local initiatives. Your role as a City and Hackney Public Health Community Champion will be crucial in supporting local residents to carry out their daily lives in a safe manner, whilst helping reduce the spread of the infection.
As a Community Champion, you will be tasked with communicating key public health messages amongst your networks (family, friends, neighbours, social clubs etc.) around issues including:
• Health and safety measures
• Covid-19 vaccines
• The availability of testing
• How to access testing
• The contact tracing system
• Accessing support if needing to self-isolate
By relaying these critical public health messages, you will be:
• Supporting the reduction in the transmission of COVID-19 in City and Hackney
• Increasing the knowledge and understanding of local people in how to access testing if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
• Building trust in the vaccine and contact tracing system
• Combatting misinformation spreading in our communities
The communication of these key messages could take place in a number of forms:
• WhatsApp groups
• Phone calls
• Social media channels
• Online community forums
You will receive ongoing support from both Public Health and Volunteer Centre Hackney and will have the opportunity to raise any questions or concerns via direct contact with City and Hackney Public Health but also at regular Forums.
If you are interested in helping support the local effort in tackling COVID-19, we would love to hear from you.
To sign up for this role please fill in the form below: