Read Easy Hackney
Venues Organiser Role:
This role presents an opportunity to liaise with businesses and organisations in the local community to find and arrange suitable reading venues for the group. Reading venues must always be places where there is at least one other person in the building to ensure the safety and integrity of the reading sessions, and also be compliant with Covid safety regulations. At the same time, the venues must provide an element of confidentiality, so that Readers aren’t intimidated by having to return to classroom-like settings. Typical venues include local libraries, churches, businesses, community centres and other organisations.
● Find organisations and businesses willing to offer a room or suitable space on their premises for your reading pairs to use at certain times of the week when it is not in use.
● Visit the premises to meet the member of staff responsible for making this arrangement, check that the premises are suitable for Read Easy use and complete a Venue Agreement.
● Report on the venues arranged to the Management Team and gain their approval.
● Confirm the arrangements in writing with the venue provider.
● Keep an up-to-date record of venues and regularly review venue arrangements.
● Support the Team in finding and booking other venues for events, such as Coach Meetings, AGM and Training days.
Personal qualities and experience
● Ideally, experience of networking or the confidence to contact local organisations.
● Confidence to promote the work of Readeasy Hackney and to explain how each venue can support local people to improve their reading skills.
● Good communication and people skills.
● Ability to develop strong working relationships with local venue providers.
What is in it for you? You will:
● use and develop your skills for a specific purpose
● develop networking skills
● use your knowledge of the local area to liaise with a variety of organisations
● meet and work collaboratively with new people
● be active and engaged, adding value to your local community.
The role required for this role is minimal, so could be fitted around full-time work.