Bid writer for a not-for-profit
Say It With Your Chest
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are a not-for-profit called Say It With Your Chest. Our vision is to create a world where young people are supported to thrive, realise their potential and build a better future for themselves.
We have three aims that are at the core of the organisation:
- reduce the rate of exclusions in schools by decreasing persistent disruptive behaviour.
- empower young people to raise their aspirations and break their negative behaviour cycles
- inform and influence public and policy awareness
We work with students who are at the highest risk of being excluded because there are many negative outcomes that can happen as a result of being excluded from school. For example:
- Being excluded from school is a factor that will increase a young person’s risk of child criminal exploitation (National Crime Agency, 2018).
- Not engaging with school and being excluded are very strong indicators for those who are at risk of involvement in youth violence (Youth Safety Taskforce, 2018).
- An excluded student is four times more likely to be jailed as an adult (The University of Edinburgh, 2016).
- School exclusions make already vulnerable young people more vulnerable, as being excluded leads to a reduction in the number of hours that a student spends in a supervised environment (All-Party Parliamentary Groups, 2019).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We would like the volunteer to help with :
- Researching trusts and foundations that are aligned to our vision and mission
- Identifying grants that we can apply for
- Writing and developing grant applications
- Effectively communicating our mission and programmes to potential funders
- Tracking and creating a calendar of grant deadlines and proposals submitted
This role can be completed remotely.
Basic IT skills - internet & email,Reading & Writing,Research
We are looking for a volunteer who has:
- excellent writing, research and analytical skills
- grant writing experience
- Free access to a 24/7 well-being helpline
-The opportunity to use your skills and experience to help a not-for-profit develop
- An opportunity to gain new skills
- Invitations to exclusive Say It With Your Chest events
- Great experience to put on your CV
- Flexible volunteer hours that fit around you
- Being part of an organisation with like-minded people