Social media volunteer for a not-for-profit
Say It With Your Chest
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are a not-for-profit called Say It With Your Chest. Our vision is to create a world where young people are supported to thrive, realise their potential and build a better future for themselves.
We have three aims that are at the core of the organisation:
- reduce the rate of exclusions in schools by decreasing persistent disruptive behaviour.
- empower young people to raise their aspirations and break their negative behaviour cycles
- inform and influence public and policy awareness
We work with students who are at the highest risk of being excluded because there are many negative outcomes that can happen as a result of being excluded from school. For example:
- Being excluded from school is a factor that will increase a young person’s risk of child criminal exploitation (National Crime Agency, 2018).
- Not engaging with school and being excluded are very strong indicators for those who are at risk of involvement in youth violence (Youth Safety Taskforce, 2018).
- An excluded student is four times more likely to be jailed as an adult (The University of Edinburgh, 2016).
- School exclusions make already vulnerable young people more vulnerable, as being excluded leads to a reduction in the number of hours that a student spends in a supervised environment (All-Party Parliamentary Groups, 2019).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To increase awareness of our organisation we are looking for someone who has experience in social media marketing.
We would like the volunteer to:
- Produce fresh and engaging content for our social media channels
- Prepare graphics for sharing across channels
This role will be completed remotely.
Creative & Design,Good IT Skills
We are looking for a volunteer who has experience in:
- Writing and editing marketing content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram / across all platforms
- Building strategies to increase social media following
- Developing a coherent brand voice for social media, from content creation to community interactions
- Using canva
- Free access to a 24/7 well-being helpline
-The opportunity to use your skills and experience to help a not-for-profit develop
-An opportunity to gain new skills
-Invitations to exclusive Say It With Your Chest events
-Great experience to put on your CV
-Flexible volunteer hours that fit around you
-Being part of an organisation with like-minded people
Marketing, PR & Media