Communications Volunteer (social media & marketing)
Volunteer Centre Hackney
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
VCH is seeking a volunteer with previous marketing or communications experience to support our Communications Officer in running social media and other marketing and communications activity.VCH is keen to promote its services to the community, celebrate its successes, promote the services of our partner organisations and make sure its voice is heard in local, regional and national discussions about volunteering and community participation. We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, skilled volunteer to support the continued development of our online profile and assist in marketing our services, activities and impact. We primarily need a volunteer to support the day-to-day promotion of our services to the community online via our website and on social media, but there will be scope in the future for you to lead on a specific project and/or gain experience of another aspect of marketing or communications (e.g. press).Your tasks will include:- Writing great content for online, including website and social media channels in order to raise the profile of the charity in the local area, promote events and engage local people in volunteering and other social action activity- Regularly updating website content- Collating copy and images for monthly e-newsletters to volunteers and partner charities/organisations - Supporting the team in developing print communicationsThis is an excellent opportunity to gain marketing and communications experience in the voluntary sector, or for someone seeking to apply previous communications or marketing experience to a charity/voluntary context. Previous volunteers have gone on to paid work at charities and press organisations including Clore Leadership Programme, Channel 5 and SkyTV amongst others.
Further location details may be provided below.
Remote or E8 2LY
Please register your interest to apply
• Previous experience of working in communications or marketing (essential)
• Knowledge of social media platforms, in particular Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
• Familiarity with WordPress or comparable content management system
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Develop knowledge and understanding of the voluntary and community sector in East London, specifically Hackney
• Expand and build on digital marketing skills
• Expand and build on copywriting skills
• Expand and build on use of content management systems, including Wordpress
• Opportunity to meet and engage with members of the public and community organisations
You will be asked to log in or register your details
18 and over
View in Google maps
This link will open a new window.