Community Based Wellbeing and Support Volunteer
Peter Bedford Housing Association
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Volunteer Role Description:
About Peter Bedford Housing Association
Peter Bedford is a housing association with charitable aims that creates positive change in people’s lives. As well as homes and support, we empower people to learn, access work and discover their creative talents. Based primarily in Hackney and Islington, we work with people who are homeless, have mental ill health, learning difficulties or complex needs. Our work enables people to move on and lead independent lives.
About the Kingsland Hub
The Kingsland Hub is PBHA’s Head Office, it operates as a vibrant community and learning environment and is also the site for our coffee shop enterprise. Kingsland Hub has a front of house reception taking in telephone, email and walk in enquiries related to our housing services and our enterprises and training team (ENT). Our back office function features a shared office environment for our various departments that provides services and BAU (business as usual) functions such as HR, Finance, Fundraising, Marketing and Properties. For the purpose of this role you will be working within the ENT Team whom provide teaching, learning and employability support to tenants and participants.
Our Make and Meet space is a newly renovated creative environment that brings together all our creative industries, wellbeing activities and social enterprises. This is an exciting new addition to Kingsland Hub which houses the Enterprises and Training Departments: IAG service, adult learning service and employability support.
242 Kingsland Rd, London
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Good IT Skills,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing
• Enthusiasm and a commitment to supporting isolated adults are essential.
• Excellent English language skills, listening skills and interpersonal skills; additional language skills will be most welcome.
• The ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
• commitment to reliability and maintaining confidentiality and professional boundaries.
• You will need to have proficient computer skills, internet access and access to a phone.
• Knowledge of the boroughs of Hackney, Islington, Newham and Tower Hamlets would be desirable, but training will be provided. .
• Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed, for instance travel expenses if accompanying a client (to be agreed in advance).
• The chance to be part of a community of befrienders
• A free DBS check and reasonable travel expenses (to be agreed in advance).
• Ongoing support from Peer Support and Participation Worker
• Immense satisfaction that you have made a difference to someone else
• Eligibility for Tempo Time Credits
Support Work,Administration,Advice, Information & Support,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring