Warehouse Assistant - Poplar
The Felix Project
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The Felix Project collects fresh, nutritious food that cannot be sold. We deliver this surplus food to charities and schools so they can provide healthy meals and help the most vulnerable in our society. 90% of roles at our charity are volunteer-based, which means getting good food to good causes really is up to our amazing volunteers. This role is based in Poplar, East London.What will I be doing?• Ensuring food quality and safety by checking ‘use by’ and ‘best before’ dates• Categorising and recording food• Assembling food orders placed by charity and community groups• Maintaining health and safety and food hygiene during your sessions• Helping with cleaning and other tasks as identified by warehouse staff
• Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
• Able to work effectively and use your initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work well in a team, on your own and under pressure
• Able to follow The Felix Project's policy, procedures and systems
• Interested in food and committed to redistributing food waste to charities
• Flexible – there may be times when we ask you to help on other projects/tasks
• Support and supervision from Warehouse staff
• An induction and training for the role
• Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch
• Invitations to events and offers to get involved in other areas of Felix’s work
• A work reference
Further location details may be provided below.
Unit 12 & 12A Thomas Road Industrial Estate,
Please register your interest to apply
You will be asked to log in or register your details
View this role in Google maps
This link will open a new window.
This Organisation has
other volunteer role(s).
To view them, go back to the search page and enter
The Felix Project
into the Keyword search.
You need to commit to a regular volunteering opportunity of around an hour a week. The table below shows the commitment required for each level of the DofE.
Minimum time: 3 or 6 monthsYou must do one of your volunteering, Physical or Skills sections for 6 months, the others for 3.
Minimum time: 6 or 12 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Bronze Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 12 months.
Minimum time: 12 or 18 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Silver Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 18 months.