Volunteer Driver - Poplar
The Felix Project
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The Felix Project collects fresh, nutritious food that cannot be sold. We deliver this surplus food to charities and schools so they can provide healthy meals and help the most vulnerable in our society. 90% of roles at our charity are volunteer-based, which means getting good food to good causes really is up to our amazing volunteers. This role is vital to the work of Felix, ensuring that food is safely delivered to our charities or collected from our food suppliers. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys getting out and about in London, someone looking to gain experience in the food industry, warehousing and customer service and/or someone just wanting to help.What will I be doing?• Safely driving vans around London to deliver and collect food• Representing The Felix Project in a courteous and professional manner at all times• Carrying out routine checks on the vans, taking responsibility for the vans throughout the day and reporting accidents or damage to the van or other vehicles.• Completing all relevant paperwork• Planning routes, sorting food, picking orders, loading and unloading vans.• Assist in the maintenance of the vans including cleaning.Where? You will pick up the van from the depot in Deptford then will be driving on designated routes throughout London.When? Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pmHow often? One day per week for a minimum commitment of 3 monthsMust be 21 years or olderMust have no more that 6 points on their licenseMust have driven with a license for a year or more
Driving (must have full driving license)
UK Driving Licence
We need you to be:
• 21 or over and have held a full, clean driving license for one year
• Able to perform physical tasks (lifting and loading abilities are desirable)
• Confident to drive a medium-sized van (experience is preferable)
• Able to work well in a team, on your own and under pressure
• Able to work effectively and use your initiative in a fast-paced role
• Able to follow our systems and procedures, food safety legislation and the Highway Code
• Flexible – there may be times when we ask you to help on other projects/tasks • Good at map reading and/or able to use a Sat Nav system
• Support and supervision from Warehouse staff
• Meet like-minded people and socialise
• An assessment for the role
• Opportunities to meet the charitable organisations we work with and see the impact we have
• Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch
• Invitations to events and offers to get involved in other areas of Felix’s work
• A work reference
Further location details may be provided below.
Unit 12 & 12A Thomas Road Industrial Estate,
Please register your interest to apply
You will be asked to log in or register your details
View this role in Google maps
This link will open a new window.
This Organisation has
other volunteer role(s).
To view them, go back to the search page and enter
The Felix Project
into the Keyword search.
You need to commit to a regular volunteering opportunity of around an hour a week. The table below shows the commitment required for each level of the DofE.
Minimum time: 3 or 6 monthsYou must do one of your volunteering, Physical or Skills sections for 6 months, the others for 3.
Minimum time: 6 or 12 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Bronze Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 12 months.
Minimum time: 12 or 18 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Silver Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 18 months.