You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
To provide digital and IT support for London Borough of Hackney residents who wish to learn or improve their skills in using new technology.
To empower London Borough of Hackney residents to use the internet and technology by supporting their knowledge and self-confidence, thus improving their overall well-being, helping residents become self-suffcient and aim to reduce isolation within the community.
This could include the following tasks:
• Explain and demonstrate how to use laptops, tablets, smartphones
• Create email accounts and enable residents to use them
• Support residents to use social media, Zoom, WhatsApp etc. to connect with friends and loved ones
• Explore online shopping opportunities and how to use various platforms
• Discuss online banking and/or how to pay bills online
• Explore how to find medical information and/or book GP appointments online
• Show residents how to research social activities and local services
Teaching & Training,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,IT, Technology & Websites
Basic IT skills - internet & email, Good IT Skills
• Get involved with your local community
• Join an exciting new project in a dynamic organisation
• Impart your time and skills for the benefit of an older person
• The satisfaction of knowing that you play a pivotal role in aiding an older person in bridging the digital gap.
• This opportunity will allow volunteers to use and develop their skills
We are looking for someone who could volunteer with us for 6 months or longer, for a minimum of 2 hours/week.
We will however consider your availability and aim to be as flexible as possible.
The length of sessions will vary at each location. Sessions could take place weekly or could be on a one-off basis
You will be reporting to Hackney Service Centre for training. You will be located in various Digital Buddies locations across the borough. Current Locations:
Hackney Service Centre
Stoke Newington Library
CLR James Library
Ishan Children’s Centre
Stamford Hill Library