Fashion & Home Volunteer at Oxfam Dalston
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Our shop at Dalston is looking for responsible adults interested in volunteering a few hours per week to help us run the shop smoothly and support our customer service. We are searching for enthusiastic people passionate about second-hand trading and ethical shopping.Tasks involved in the role are: serving the till, accepting donations and promoting our gif aid scheme, sorting and pricing donations, keeping the shop floor tidy, and supporting the creation of window displays.
Retail & Charity Shops
Admin, Art & Craft, Cleaning & Tidying, Creative & Design, Language Skills, Research
Non experience required. We provide full training.
1) you will be helping to beat poverty and fight climate change. You are helping your local community promote second-hand retail's importance in reducing fabric and textile waste (landfill).
2) You will contribute to making income to deliver humanitarian aid and support our UK campaigners to beat poverty in the UK.
3) We offer full induction training.
4) We offer a Wellness action plan linked to Retail Trust (Mental health support and Financial advice)
5) You will get a volunteering certificate, and references in case of need.
6) Lots of cookies, tea and coffee.
7) Travel and lunch expenses are reimbursed in line with Oxfam Policy.
Minimum 4 to 6 hours per week during 3 months.
Further location details may be provided below.
514-518 Kingsland Road
Overground: Dalston Junction
Buses: 30, 56, 277, 76, 149, 242,243, 488
You will be asked to log in or register your details
We welcome asylum seekers & Refugees. We work with BAME communities.
View this role in Google maps
This link will open a new window.
This Organisation has
other volunteer role(s).
To view them, go back to the search page and enter
into the Keyword search.
You need to commit to a regular volunteering opportunity of around an hour a week. The table below shows the commitment required for each level of the DofE.
Minimum time: 3 or 6 monthsYou must do one of your volunteering, Physical or Skills sections for 6 months, the others for 3.
Minimum time: 6 or 12 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Bronze Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 12 months.
Minimum time: 12 or 18 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Silver Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 18 months.