Kenwood House - Explainer Volunteer
Kenwood House - English Heritage
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
On the edge of Hampstead Heath surrounded by tranquil landscaped gardens, Kenwood is one of London's hidden gems. The breath-taking interiors and stunning world-class art collection, including Rembrandt's 'Portrait with Two Circles', are free for everyone to enjoy.Based in the magnificent rooms at Kenwood House you will provide a warm and friendly welcome for our visitors and help convey the story of Kenwood by engaging with visitors and answering their questions, and telling stories about the house or collection.WHERE & WHENKenwood House, Hampstead Lane, London, NW3 7JRWe are looking for people who can regularly volunteer, ideally for sessions a month. The session options will be:AM Session - 9.45am to 1.30pmAM Break Cover - 10.45am to 1pmPM Session - 1.15pm to 5pmPM Break Cover – 2pm to 4.15pmWHO WE'RE LOOKING FORWe're looking for volunteers who have a friendly, enthusiastic manner and are confident communicating with people from all age groups and all walks of life. Volunteers should be keen to learn more about Kenwood’s history and are happy to be on their own in our rooms with members of the public.You can find more information about this opportunity by visiting the English Heritage volunteering page.WHY VOLUNTEER WITH ENGLISH HERITAGEVolunteering is your opportunity to play a part in protecting and presenting some of the greatest places in England. Your support is extremely valuable to us and we want to make sure you have an enjoyable and rewarding volunteering experience. Find out more reasons to volunteer with English Heritage.
Events & Stewarding,Art & Design
We need people who:
• Have a friendly, enthusiastic manner
• Enjoy dealing with people from all walks of life
• Have confidence in their ability to communicate well with all age groups
• Are keen to learn more about Kenwood’s history
• Are happy to be on their own in our rooms with members of the public.
• A welcoming and enjoyable experience
• To be treated fairly and with respect
• Recognition and appreciation for your contribution
• A full induction and training programme with on-going support
• A volunteer pass allowing free entry to English Heritage properties is available on completion of 60 hours or four months of volunteering
• Reimbursement of reasonable travel costs between home and volunteering location within agreed limits
• A certificate to demonstrate work carried out for English Heritage is available on request to show future employers or further education providers
• You will be covered by English Heritage’s own indemnity arrangements in respect of all liabilities that may result from your appointment as a volunteer.
We are looking for people who can volunteer regularly, ideally for one session/week or a minimum two sessions/month. We offer multiple sessions per day, every day of the week.
You are not expected to choose a consistent weekday or time in which you will volunteer, and are welcome to attend whichever is most convenient.
Further location details may be provided below.
Kenwood House, Hampstead Lane
You can reach us through the following ways.
• Bus: Runs between Brent Cross and Finsbury Park, via Golders Green and Archway, and stops right outside the entrance to Kenwood.
• Train: Highgate Underground station (Northern Line) is 1.1 miles away, with a walk along the road to Kenwood; Hampstead Heath Overground and Gospel Oak stations are approximately 1.4 miles away, with a walk through the park to Kenwood.
• Car: We have a staff/volunteer car park which you may use after your induction.
We are committed to the Disability Confident Scheme and are proud to support its aims. This means we will interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities. Where we can, we make work adjustments to accommodate volunteers needs.
You will be asked to log in or register your details
We follow all government guidance and can provide masks to volunteers who want one.
View this role in Google maps
This link will open a new window.
You need to commit to a regular volunteering opportunity of around an hour a week. The table below shows the commitment required for each level of the DofE.
Minimum time: 3 or 6 monthsYou must do one of your volunteering, Physical or Skills sections for 6 months, the others for 3.
Minimum time: 6 or 12 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Bronze Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 12 months.
Minimum time: 12 or 18 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Silver Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 18 months.