Nurse Support Volunteer
Hackney Caribbean Elderly Organisation
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Provide support for the nurse on site by carrying out various health related tasks. Tasks include:
Blood pressure checks – to take the blood pressure of the members on a 2 weekly basis, record the details and advise members of any concerns so that they can seek medical help if required.
Health advice – to listen to any concerns that members might have regarding their health and signpost to the most appropriate service if required – e.g. GP, hospital, osteopath, optician, nutritionist.
Please note, the volunteer is not expected to give specific medical advice themselves.
All HCEO volunteers receive:
• An induction pack which includes details on the charity, all of the volunteering policies and procedures and an induction on the first day of volunteering.
• Travel expenses incurred as part of the volunteering
• Lunch – the freshly cooked 2 course lunch made every day at the Centre or expenses if the volunteer wishes to purchase lunch
• All volunteers working with members will need to have an enhanced DBS check which HCEO undertake and pay for
• 2 references must be provided – details are requested on the application form
Advice, Information & Support,Caring,Community Work,General and Helping
Experience of working with groups of vulnerable people.
An understanding of needs and issues facing older people.
Patient, thoughtful and empathetic approach.
An understanding of appropriate personal and professional conduct.
Experience of working with groups of older people.
Experience of working with people with a level of physical or mental disability.
Experience of working with older people on an individual basis.
An understanding of health & safety in the workplace.
Experience working within a health related role
The volunteer role is for approx. 1.5 hours every 2 weeks on a Tuesday or a Thursday, as those are the busiest days at the Centre. Time is flexible.
HCEO, 39 Leswin Road, Stoke Newington, London