Deputy Lunch Club Coordinator
Holly Street Luncheon & Social Club
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Are you passionate about the needs of older people living in Hackney? Do you have an interest in health and wellbeing? Are you ready for a challenge?
Holly Street Luncheon Club is looking for a dynamic, caring and enthusiastic volunteer to assist our current coordinator with a wide range of tasks including administration, cooking, outreach, publicity and fundraising for our community lunch and social club in the heart of Queensbridge in Hackney E8.
As part of Hackney Lunch Clubs Network, Holly Street Luncheon Club provides nutritious lunches to elders (aged 55+) cooked 3 days a week at our premises. As well as lunch we also act as a hub for health, wellbeing and social connection in our local area.
We are seeking an enthusiastic volunteer coordinator to assist our current coordinator Nerine to help maintain and improve the high quality of service we currently offer our members. By increasing our capacity, you will help us to:
1. Improve the day to day administration of the club.
2. Increase the fun, learning and social interaction for our members.
3. Assist our cooking with preparation and serving of meals to meet dietary needs and health and safety requirements.
4. Support with publicity and fundraising activities.
This role will be helping the current coordinator to re-energise a well-loved community lunch and social club that has been running since the early 1970s.
Holly Street will be moving back into a freshly renovated space in September and would love to get someone on board to help them at this exciting time.
Fundraising,Marketing, PR & Media,Volunteer Management,Administration,Community Work,IT, Technology & Websites
Admin, Evaluating & Reviewing, Gardening, Good IT Skills, Managing People, Organising & Planning
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
1. Good working knowledge of health and nutrition for older people.
2. Confidence in writing and overseeing email communication relating to the club.
3. Ability to work well with staff and volunteers to maintain a high-quality service.
4. Experience in the following: developing web content, promotional materials, letters, emails, flyers and other materials, sending all event emails and publications.
5. Knowledge of Safeguarding and or willingness to learn.
6. Creating and managing volunteering roles communications.
and update staff on current priorities project and activities development.
7. The ability to develop/maintain effective working relationships and a range of administration levels.
8. A successful track record of designing and fundraising for projects activities to tight timescales and budgets.
9. Understanding of key trends and social impact behind funding awarded by Hackney Council, Hackney CVS, Age UK, CCGs, Trusts, Foundations etc.
Free Food and hygiene training and first aid training.
Free trips to the seaside and lunch and travel expenses
3 to 5 hours a day - three days a week
This can this be flexible
329-331 Queensbridge Road