Supporting older people in housing with care schemes to take part in activities
London Borough of Hackney. Housing with Care
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
To support activities in the Housing with Care Schemes:
- Go for short walks.
- Have a chat with tenants.
- Accompany to appointments.
- Play board games.
- Reminisce sessions.
- Set up and or support music groups.
- Can play a musical instrument.
- Support a gentle exercise group.
- support with using computer/laptops
- Support art group e.g plan painting, Arts and crafts
- Reading and or writing letters
Hackney Council, Provided Service. Housing with Care, 1 Hilman Street, E8 1DY
Art & Craft,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Creative & Design,Gardening,Good IT Skills,Photography,Reading & Writing
Volunteers must be caring with an interest in the wellbeing of older people, be patient, can show empathy, and willing to support activities in the Housing with Care Schemes and in the community.
Supervision, free entry to some events and activities. A reference can be provided after 6 months volunteering, Will also require a DBS.
Entertainment,Fundraising,Gardening,Languages & Translation,Music,Volunteer Management,Advice, Information & Support,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Caring,Catering,Community Work,General and Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: