You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The Crisis shops will primarily sell donated goods sourced from the community but we
will also pilot a small range of bought- in goods and pop-up members' art sales.
Crisis will work with the local communities and volunteers to develop shops
that customers like and that engage people with the Crisis mission and advocate
for homeless people across the UK.
They will also provide opportunities for Crisis members to gain work experience in various aspects of retail, build self-confidence, sell arts and crafts and be active in the community in which they live.
The shops extend the reach of the Crisis brand and directly support political
and fundraising campaigns..
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Commit to learn and perform various retail tasks including sorting, pricing, steaming, visual merchandising, customer service and operating a till in a shop environment
- Provide courteous and helpful customer service at all times
- Assist in the sourcing of products, from local stores and members of the community, for sale in the shop
- Screening donated products for saleable quality items and presenting goods for sale
- Promote the Crisis cause and brand amongst friends and in the local community
- Work cooperatively and with respect for fellow team members
- An opportunity to take responsibility for opening and closing the shop when necessary
- Can also do cashing up and till reconciliation functions at end of shift and/or day
- Understand and accept responsibility to uphold Health and Safety procedures.
330 Mare Street, , London, E8 1HA
Bus: 30, 38, 277, 242
Train: Hackney Central
Managing People,Negotiating,Organising & Planning
- Supportive understanding of Crisis values and purpose
- Comfortable talking to customers or prior customer service experience
- Knowledge of fashion trends in clothing and household goods would be useful
- Ideally to have interest or experience of working in a retail environment.
• Induction to the role and Crisis
• On the job training and support with a designated supervisor
• Opportunity to gain experience of working with a major UK homeless Charity
• Support and training to develop retail skills
• Being part of a dynamic team
• References for prospective employers
• Travel expenses (within Greater London) reimbursed. Lunch expenses paid if you volunteer for 1 day.
Retail & Charity Shops,Advice, Information & Support,General and Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: