Teaching Assistant / Homework Club Volunteers
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Bright Choice Academy is an active and dynamic community initiative based in the Hackney Central Library.We are an after school Homework club providing Literacy, Numeracy and Art subjects according to the national school curriculum. We seek to engage people with an academic background with some knowledge of the school curriculum.(ex-teachers, graduates, career changers, Language specialists, Special Educational Needs background etc)Volunteers will also be required to help create a warm and welcoming environment for children whilst providing additional academic support.We are always developing the project and are looking to recruit a team of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers as a result.
Further location details may be provided below.
Hackney Central Library, 1 Reading Lane, London E8 1GQ
Nearest overground station Hackney Central, Hackney Downs or London Fields. Nearest underground station Bethnal Green.
Maths,Reading & Writing
• A strong academic background
• A caring, polite and adaptable manner
• Good organisational skills
• Ideally, experience of working within a school or education environment
• Good listening skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
• An ability to be objective and work within professional boundaries
• An awareness of the difficulties faced by those who are vulnerable or have special needs
• An ability to be understanding and sensitive
• An ability to work within a truly multicultural setting
Teaching & Training,Youth Work,Under 16 Volunteering
You will be asked to log in or register your details
18 and over
Professionalism and a mature attitude essential.