Our Parklife-Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are looking for volunteers to support the range of events that take place on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Whether it's a world class sporting event or a community activity volunteers are the face of the Park providing visitors with information and supporting organisers with the smooth running of their event.
Event volunteers play a key role in supporting successful events on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Roles could include providing excellent customer care to visitors of the Park by offering support, a warm welcome, enthusiasm, directions and local knowledge. They become the "eyes and ears" of the Park ensuring that the events and activities run smoothly and reporting and issues. The time and commitment length of the volunteers is unknown and depends on the event; however volunteers only need to commit to one session.
All volunteers need to take part in a 3 hour Park Champion induction session before participating in this opportunity. This induction will also allow them to register for customer and mobility service and events opportunities.
- Provide visitor welcome and support
- Wayfinding support to general public
- To provide customer services
- To help marshal crowds
- To provide information about facilities, venues, timings
- Eyes and ears of the Park reporting any issues including: rubbish, potential health and safety problems, lost children
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, , London, E20 2ST
The nearest stations are Stratford station and Stratford International station and both provide step-free access from entrance to platform.
308 from Clapton to Wanstead
425 from Clapton to Stratford
97 from Chingford to Stratford
104 Manor Pa
Managing People,Organising & Planning
- Friendly and enthusiastic - you will be one of the key representatives of the Park
- Passionate about the Park and wants to become a key member of the team
- Good communication skills. The Park is for everyone and all staff need the ability to communicate with a range of visitors from different communities is key
- Enjoy working as a team but also happy and able to work on their own
- Able to work with time constraints
- Happy to work in all weather conditions
18 and over,17 and under
Events & Stewarding,Sport & Coaching,General and Helping,Under 16 Volunteering
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
The programme is open to anyone over the age of 16 who is interested in volunteering. If the volunteer is under 16, he/she can still volunteer with a suitable guardian or carer.