Side by Side Volunteer
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
As a Side by Side volunteer you will enable someone with dementia to be able to keep doing the things they love, to stay connected to their local community and to build the confidence to stay active and engaged in social and recreational activities.
You will visit someone with dementia on a weekly or fortnightly basis and take part in activities you share an interest with them to help them to keep doing the things they love – or pick up new ones!
From us you can expect:
• Training, guidance and support to ensure safeguarding, service standards and that you are comfortable and confident in your role
• A role manager who will support you throughout your journey with us
• Out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel) agreed before you start in line with our policy
We are looking for Side by Side volunteers across Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas
Call Jane on 01296 331 722
Organising & Planning,Talking & Listening
The role will suit you if you:
• Want to support, enable and empower people with dementia
• Are a good verbal communicator with great listening skills, especially face to face
• Are happy volunteering on your own and keeping in touch with your team
• Can provide a committed, flexible approach and are willing to learn and undertake the training required for the role.
Experience and knowledge about dementia
Giving something back to your local community
Making a genuine difference to someone living with dementia
Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We welcome applications from anyone