Volunteer Puppy Socialiser
Medical Detection Dogs
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Medical Detection Dogs are looking for caring family homes in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas to look after and socialise puppies and young adult dogs up to 18 months old.
We are training our assistance dogs to accompany clients with detectable medical conditions and alert to oncoming episodes. If you can support our charity by being involved in socialising puppies or dogs for a period of time then we would love to hear from you.
This is a full time volunteer role as the puppy/dog will live with the volunteer for a number of months.
The volunteer will need to:
- attend regular puppy classes
- be at home most of the day
- follow positive dog training methods
- regularly visit lots of different environments and us various forms of transport
- be willing to support charity events
Home based but the volunteer must live within 45 minutes of our Centre:
3 Millfield, Greenway Business Park, Winslow Road, Great Horwood, Milton Keynes
The volunteer will need a car as our Centre cannot be reached by public transport
UK Driving Licence
- have a secure and dog friendly home
- have time and stamina to manage an active puppy
- be able to travel to classes at our Centre or local area
- be able to remain focussed on the ultimate role for the dog that will eventually move on to a client partnership
The experience of having a dog but no vet or food bills as this will be covered by the Charity
Driving (must have full driving license)
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
All very welcome