Walking Group Sighted Guides and Drivers
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
As a Volunteer Walking Group leader or Guide, you would be helping visually impaired people in your local community to get active and healthy, providing vital support that they otherwise might not get. As well as ensuring walks are friendly, safe and fun, Walk Leaders and Guides are also our ambassadors for walking, showing people that walking really can make a big difference to their lives.
Why not combine the good you can do through volunteering by also driving blind and partially sighted people from their homes to local activities using your own vehicle?
Various locations in and around MK
Managing People,UK Driving Licence,Talking & Listening
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Good Communication skills
• Interest in outdoor activities
• Be enthusiastic, flexible and committed
• Full Drivers License
• Valid MOT certificate and proof of insurance
• A chance to give something back
• Meeting new people
• New experiences and skills
• Working with people with sight loss
Driving (must have full driving license),Outdoors
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
Volunteers will need to be able to climb stiles and negotiate rough terrain.
Walking boots and effective rain gear will be needed, but try out a walk first!