You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are looking for Befriending volunteers to offer companionship and alleviate the loneliness blind and partially sighted people can often experience.
What you will be doing?
Visiting people in their home; having a chat and providing companionship.
This role is quite flexible and can be from one hour per month, up to one hour per week, depending on your availability. Visits are preferably held during weekdays and working hours, however, matches are made to suit both client and the Befrienders availability.
Visiting clients at their home address.
Talking & Listening
• A caring, friendly, helpful and understanding nature
• Flexible approach to the role
• Good listener
• A reliable and conscientious attitude
• Enthusiasm and long term commitment.
• Make a difference
• Work with a variety of people
• Work with people with sight loss
• Develop new friendships.
Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: