Milton Keynes Play Association
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Organisation Name: Milton Keynes Play Association (MKPA)
Organisation Overview : MKPA is a long-standing local charity and social enterprise set up to support child-centred play by working to ensure that:
• all children in Milton Keynes and the surrounding area have the opportunity to direct their own play in an open and accessible environment (Making Play Happen); and
• those in the statutory, private, voluntary and community sectors understand the value of child-centred, free-play, and that staff in organisations that work with children are trained and resourced to provide high quality play opportunities (Making Play Matter).
As part of this work we sell goods and services to our customers and members that deliver social impact.
Be able to give a regular commitment to the office team. 3 or more hours per week, morning or afternoon on a weekday, to be agreed with MKPA. There will be a trial period of 1 month. This is expected to be an on-going role.
2 Burners Lane, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes MK11 3HB
call 01908 263033
Art & Craft,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Carpentry,Cleaning & Tidying,Creative & Design,Maths,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing,UK Driving Licence
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• Basic numeracy and computer skills.
• Be comfortable volunteering within a group or by yourself.
• Being able to use your own initiative but able to ask for help when you need.
• Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new information.
• Ability to handle large and weighty items desirable.
• Clean full driving licence desirable.
You will be given an induction to MKPA and the various aspects of the work. Regular updates on organisational activities. Ongoing training and support as necessary.
Benefits to volunteer
• Develop new and existing skills and gain experience volunteering in a charity.
• The opportunity to meet new people.
• The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of MKPA.
Administration,Driving (must have full driving license),Practical Work & DIY,Retail & Charity Shops,Building & Construction
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: