Activities & Events Volunteer
Volunteer Centre Sutton
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and capable person to assist with and support our community events and activities. At Sutton Befrienders, we support isolated and lonely older people and vulnerable adults across the London Borough of Sutton.
We want to run more events and activities to enable lonely and isolated people to come together and have some fun. If you want a varied, fun role and like organising, then this may be the perfect role for you.
As an Activities & Events Volunteer you will be doing,
• Building up relationships with our service users and gathering feedback on the types of activities they would like to attend.
• Developing ideas for engaging fun activities
• Assist with organising venues, catering, invitation lists, travel, etc.
• Assist in publicising events and activities
• Assist in setting up and clearing down events/activities
• Support and assist on the day with the event/activity, along side staff, ensuring the smooth running of the event.
• Reflecting with staff and service users to evaluate the success of the event and gather feedback for improvements and new opportunities
Georgina Millings or Irene Jordan
The role will be based at the Volunteer Centre in Sutton but out in the local community as required and some tasks can be home based.
31 West Street
You can apply online via www.vcsutton.org.uk or email email@example.com.
Art & Craft,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Conservation,Creative & Design,Organising & Planning
• Enjoy talking and listening to older people and vulnerable adults.
• Are creative and able to work on their own initiative
• Are able to run activities which may be unsupervised
• Are happy to help plan activities
• Are warm, friendly, outgoing and approachable
• Are reliable
• Would like to make a real difference in an older person or vulnerable adult’s life
• You will learn new skills and meet interesting new people
• You will gain valuable experience of planning, delivering, promoting and helping with events/activities.
• You will be invited to events and celebrations as a volunteer
• Valuable training and experience that can be included in CV’s and job applications.
• Satisfaction of knowing you are helping your local community and increasing people’s well being and making a difference to the lives of the people we support
Music,Art & Design,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Community Work,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: