Age UK Sutton
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
This role will support the smooth running of Age UK Sutton’s reception desk, providing a welcoming reception service to visitors, clients and callers. We need a friendly and organised volunteer to make visitors feel welcome and support staff with simple administration tasks.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the office
- Advise staff and volunteers when a visitor arrives
- Check the availability of staff and volunteers to meet with visitors
- Receive and transfer telephone calls, take messages when required
- Provide simple signposting to services for older people
- To provide basic administration support
- This is a public-facing role, and someone with a warm, approachable manner
will do well. It is well suited to individuals with good communication skills
and confidence in dealing with a wide variety of people in person and over the
This is an excellent opportunity for people to develop skills and gain
experience in a busy working environment.
Age UK Sutton
1 Carshalton Road
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email
Friendly and approachable
Able to use their initiative and also be part of a team
Confident manner when speaking to a wide range of people on the telephone and in person
Ability to work effectively in a busy environment
Good communication skills
Good computer skills (Training will be provided on use of Age UK Sutton systems)
Understand the need for confidential working
Customer care experience is desirable
Have the chance to make a genuine contribution to the lives of older local residents
Learn and develop new and existing skills
Have the chance to get out, have fun and meet new people
Enhance their CV and gain valuable new skills
Experience new challenges
Administration,Advice, Information & Support
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.