Volunteer Driver: Afghanistan Donations
Volunteer Centre Sutton
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Why you are needed
As part of a London-wide coordinated response at the request of the British Red Cross, we are making an appeal for donations to support individuals arriving from Afghanistan. Over the next few weeks, Sutton residents wishing to donate essential items can drop off items at Volunteer Centre Sutton, Sutton Carers Centre and Hill House. We need a fantastic team of volunteers to help support with the collection and delivery of donations.
What you will be doing
- Collecting donations from either Volunteer Centre Sutton, Sutton Carers Centre or Hill House and taking the donations to the designated holding area in Sutton.
- Loading and unloading donations from your vehicle, with the support of Volunteer Donation Packers.
- Liaising with Volunteer Centre Sutton Volunteer Coordinators to ensure the smooth running on the service and reporting any issues or concerns.
All donations will need to be collected from each Donation Centre twice a week, but we are looking for volunteers that can commit to one shift per week. Please feel free to specify your availability and preferred Donation Centre on your application form. Each shift will approximately last (2-3) hours, but might be subject to change. This is a short-term volunteering role that will take place during September 2021.
Volunteer Centre Sutton will reimburse reasonable out-of-pocket travel expenses of up to 45p per mile, per shift.
This is a coordinated response between Volunteer Centre Sutton, Community Action Sutton, Sutton Food Bank, Age UK Sutton and Sutton Carers Centre
Every Volunteer Driver will be allocated a Donation Centre from the list below.
- Volunteer Centre Sutton, 216-220 High Street, Sutton, SM1 1NU
- Sutton Carers Centre, Benhill House, 1st Floor, 12-14 Benhill Avenue, Sutton, SM1 4DA
- Hill House, Bishopsford Road, Morden, SM4 6BL
Will be provided after application
- You will need a clean UK driving license and access to a vehicle that is roadworthy, reliable and suitable for the role.
- This is a physical role and we are looking for Volunteer Drivers that feel comfortable lifting carry bags and donations boxes. If you are able to deliver the items, but need supporting lifting the donations please still apply and let us know.
- Be punctual and dependable in picking up donations at the agreed time and location.
- Having a helpful and positive attitude and able to work as part of a team.
- Being part of a large-scale donation project that is directly helping Afgan refugees.
- Enjoying working with others who has similar interest.
- Supporting local charities and organisations across Sutton.
Driving (must have full driving license),Community Work