Communications and Social Media Volunteer
Sutton Carers' Centre
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
As a Communications and Social Media Volunteer, you will work alongside our Communications & Digital Involvement Coordinator to manage Sutton Carers Centre social media accounts, including Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter and create interesting and informative content for our website (www.suttoncarerscentre.org) and app. You will also support with the dissemination of information about the service to a range of external stakeholders.
Fundraising,Marketing, PR & Media,Administration,Art & Design,IT, Technology & Websites
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Creative & Design,Good IT Skills,Language Skills,Web Design
• A clear communicator who can adapt how they communicate for a variety of audiences
• Experience in using MS Office, Canva and other IT applications.
• Experience in using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
• Willingness to undertake mandatory training courses.
• Enjoys working as part of a team.
• All of our volunteers and staff work within the Centre’s Confidentiality, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunity and Diversity Policies.
• Previous knowledge and experience of copywriting and proofreading would be particularly appreciated, but not essential.
• Previous knowledge and experience of creating press releases and working with the media would be particularly appreciated, but not essential.
• Previous knowledge and experience of creating content for apps would be particularly appreciated, but not essential
• Supervision and support from the Communications & Digital Inclusion Coordinator.
• Induction and training.
• Reimbursement for travel expenses.
• References can be provided after 6 months of volunteering.
• A friendly and supportive atmosphere where you can learn new skills, make new friends and challenge yourself.
Further location details may be provided below.
1st Floor Benhill House
12-14 Benhill Avenue
Sutton Carers Centre is located just of off the High Street, Sutton and is easily accessible via public transport .
We will review and requirements on a case by case basis
You will be asked to log in or register your details
We welcome applications from all gender identities as well as people from diverse backgrounds, including those with caring responsibilities and/or disabilities.
We have a limited number of people in the office at any one time.
View this role in Google maps
This link will open a new window.
This Organisation has
other volunteer role(s).
To view them, go back to the search page and enter
Sutton Carers' Centre
into the Keyword search.
You need to commit to a regular volunteering opportunity of around an hour a week. The table below shows the commitment required for each level of the DofE.
Minimum time: 3 or 6 monthsYou must do one of your volunteering, Physical or Skills sections for 6 months, the others for 3.
Minimum time: 6 or 12 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Bronze Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 12 months.
Minimum time: 12 or 18 monthsIf you heven't achieved your Silver Award, you must extend your volunteering or the longer of your Physical or Skills sections to 18 months.